East Texas Telco Credit Union was organized June 26, 1951, as a state-chartered credit union in a Longview home. The credit union served employees of Southwestern Bell Telephone Company in Longview. As the credit union grew, the location was moved to where the credit union now sits, and another branch in Tyler was added in 1996. In 1997, the board chose to change the name to Telco Plus Credit Union to better reflect the expanded membership base. On October 9, 2012, Telco opened its newly built location on South Broadway and closed its Front street branch. Today, Telco Plus Credit Union serves anyone who lives or works in Gregg or Smith counties.